Sales / Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is responsible for revenue growth of new services and business opportunities in their assigned region. They are required to establish sales targets, are responsible for strategy development, strategic sales that offer both short and long term sales growth. This role also offers opportunity to affect service offerings by representing the needs and desires of customers to the delivery group.
The position collaborates with other members of the Presence of IT team in other locations to manage client relationships and resource opportunities, when required. At times they may also be required to liaise with members of other teams to pass on opportunities and assist with marketing and lead generation.
Responsibilities: The Business Development Manager role is largely strategic with a focus on financial and relationship outcomes.
Strategy & Planning
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving company sales goals
- Insure the development of a healthy sales pipeline in the assigned territory with the breadth of POIT portfolio of products and services
- Define optimal sales structure and sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Acquire and communicate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies and competitor intelligence, providing feedback to company where appropriate
- Increase market awareness of Presence of IT
- Generate new revenue through closing sales to existing/new business customers.
- Build and execute account-specific sales strategies based on an understanding of the customer’s needs and their perspective on our category
- Develop go-to-market strategies
- Build and track pipeline opportunities
- Coordinate and work with other internal resources, experts, and teams in formulating overall customer solutions and services for driving customer success.
- Manage the sales to services transition post sale.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting which support company objectives
- Monitor revenue, profit and sales growth
- Financial reporting where required
- New market penetration / market share
- Achieve or exceed assigned sales and business targets.
- Create formal services proposals, RFP responses, Statement of Work (SOW), and services contracts
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing customers in order to assist customer achieve strategy by leveraging POIT Services
- Manage, retain and grow existing revenue streams
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ needs
- Contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
- Develop and maintain key internal relationships
- Manage the resources to deliver profitable growth
- Become known as an employer of choice and a sales force that top sales people want to join
Key Skills & Attributes:
- 5-8 years of IT (Cloud) services sales experience (Ideally HR software/ systems)
- Professional presence to prepare and conduct a discovery session with customer
- Able to develop and maintain a territory plan to build pipeline
- Proven experience with identifying opportunities managing them through sales process to close
- Lead and influence internal teams to drive pipeline and close deals
- Able to research and understand customer business pains and tie to SAP Cloud Services portfolio and associated value propositions
- Able to apply the principles of value based selling throughout a sales cycle
- Bachelor level degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Candidate needs to be bilingual in English and Japanese language (written and verbal)
- Ability to travel as needed, both - domestic and internationally.
Presence of IT seeks applicants interested in long-term, permanent opportunities. Direct applicants only. No agencies please.