Manufacturing Cost Accountant
Remote Job - Work From Anywhere! We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Cost Accountant. This is a remote position and can work anywhere in the United States.
- Validate and analyze the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
- Work closely and partner with Inventory control team, NPI team and factory internal audit team to monitor, track and improve the factory cycle count process and inventory accuracy
- Work with Fremont Fixed asset team and Reno operation team to coordinate the fixed asset cycle (purchase, AUC, retirement or impairment)
- Perform variance analysis such as Purchase Price to Cost variance, cost revaluation, Invoice to PO price variances and work order variances.
- Ensure process integrity within Manufacturing, Intercompany, and Inventory while working with cross-functional peers to resolve process issues.
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related area or equivalent experience, CPA or MBA preferred, but not required
- Evidence of exceptional ability
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Accounting preferably in a large manufacturing environment with evidence of exceptional ability (Experience in solar industry is a significant advantage and will be preferred)
- Ability to understand the manufacturing environment and the associated financial processes; Knowledge of supply chain, receiving, inventory flow, operations process and manufacturing principles
- Strong ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Ability to effectively analyze transactional level detail in an enterprise resource planning system and articulate the key findings to management
- Strong business skills and effective understanding of financial, distribution and manufacturing systems
- Ability to multi-task and drive actions to completion under strict deadlines.
- Must be able to collaborate and build positive relationships with other teams within Finance as well as cross-functionally outside Finance to effectively make recommendations, implement process improvements, etc.
- Positive “can do” attitude and highly analytical; enjoys challenges
- Detail oriented and comfortable working with large data sets
- Action-oriented and solution-driven with the ability to thrive in a fast pace environment
Presence of IT seeks applicants interested in long-term, permanent opportunities. Direct applicants only. No agencies please.